Friday, December 17, 2010

Room with a View


Why is the time right before the holidays is the busiest time of year? And I don't even mean shopping and decorating and partying. I mean work. I have had more on my plate the past two weeks than I've had all year - both with my day job and my freelance work. I am talking 12+ hours a day in front of my beloved iMac. Fortunately, I love my office, but this week, I find myself yearning for... a view. Yeah. That's it. All I want is an old oversized desk in front of a spectacular, awe-inspiring view.

I hope you all have a happy last weekend before Christmas! I will be at my desk most of the time, interrupted with two breaks tonight and tomorrow night for heavy wine consumption. Hey - it's the holidays. Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. AND what a view! Have a great weekend Alaina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss your posting of your Xmas tree? Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to take the time to enjoy Christmas with those you love - especially your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to the holidays.

    But mostly to heavy wine consumption;)

    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have always wanted to put a beautiful desk in front of my living room window for working, writing, or just pondering! Great pic! Happy holidays and I hope you get a little breather soon!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree! I have barely had time to breathe lately. Looking forward to taking a couple of weeks off.

    Hope you have a very merry Christmas!,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what is happening to you, I am running a fulltime business, and could work 24 h a day... I make long days too especially now.
    Make sure you have some YOU time when this passes by...so you will keep on enjoying what you do, because you may love your job, but too much of it is not good either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin