Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blue Whispers

Well, what do we have here? Yet another home that perfectly captures the look I'm after for my own apartment: worn-in accents paired with industrial appliances, coated in soft, neutral colors. Yep. That's the money-maker. I loves it. I wants it. I needs it.

But the one element that really sets this home apart from others like it are the moldings. Did you notice? They're blue. Soft blue - like a whisper. The pale color frames the white walls while complimenting the bleached wood floors beneath. I know colored moldings are a bit of a wild card when it comes to decorating, but this design was executed flawlessly.

Oh hello, permanent inspiration folder. I'd like you to meet some new photos I found. They'll be staying with you for a while. Hope you don't mind.

9 comments:

  1. This place makes me want to slow down, take a deep breath and relax. Beautiful. Love the blue accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful ~ and I'm with you on the whisper I found a gray "whisper" paint color I so adore, I may use it again in our new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the molding! We can't wait to see your kitchen, the suspense is killing us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Especially the double doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to think blue was always such a cold colour. But this post has totally changed my mind! Blue all the way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin