Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LCYgraphics Presents: DomestiKated Life

This post is long overdue. A couple of months ago, I received an email from Kate at Domestikated Life asking for help in her blog redesign. I replied with a resounding "Yes!" seeing as I was a fan of her site, and like I do with all my clients, I asked her to send any inspirational images or websites my way. The collages she put together blew me out of the water. Have a look.

It was my design aesthetic to a tee. Recognize any of the graphics from J.Crew's emails? And the selection of colors she chose was so well-curated. I got straight to work, and after a couple months and approximately 12,000 emails, we came up with a winning design.

You can clearly see how the coral, lime, and grey colors and the san-serif fonts were pulled from her inspiration. As for the background pattern, we tried doing a polka dot, but both ended up preferring the two-tone chevron. *Note, I designed the header and background, not the overall blog layout or fonts/sidebars.

Need a blog or logo design? Give me a holler! Contact: alaina.lcy@gmail.com



And now that I can shout it from the rooftops... Congratulations Bailey and Pete!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the font, colors and chevron pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so so so talented!!! I love seeing where the inspiration took you

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very pretty Alaina! you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her palette and the inspirational pictures. And the final result: fantastic! love how you translated her inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I get so many compliments on my redesign. You my dear, are a very talented lady.

    So glad our styles and vision clicked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww allaaainnaaaaaa. You're a very nice girl. And a very talented one. Love the blog design

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors! That could be a wedding inspiration board as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. her new blog look is so pretty, nicely done :) i like the seeing the inspiration/thoughts behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely! I bet you were so excited to get such fabulous inspiration! I particularly love how you highlighted the "K" for emphasis on the name- and the ribbon is a nice touch that feels a little "old-school" like some of her typographic inspiration. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO beautiful! i was wondering who designed kate's lovely blog! so glad i discovered you today via twitter...off to read some more :)

    xo,
    joAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love seeing the process of the inspiration to the final product. really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin