Friday, December 23, 2011

We carried the tree home When Harry Met Sally style


Decorating the tree is one of my favorite things to do. I look forward to it all year. Fortunately, my roommate was just as eager to carry the tree home from the lot in true When Harry Met Sally city-dweller fashion. I mentioned last year that in lieu of a $100 tree skirt or something cheap and fuzzy from Target, I use two yards of burlap to hide the stand. $4 can buy you that much charm.

I'll be staying home for the holidays. Despite the lovely dusting last weekend, looks like it will be sunny and 40 degrees here Sunday. Lame. Either way, I'm excited to relax with the family for a few days. Games, wine, great food, and nonstop Michael Buble's Christmas await. What are all of your plans? Going anywhere? Some place warm?  Some place with snow?

Whatever you are doing, I truly hope you have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by the ones you love! Thank you so much for sticking with me all year. It means the world.

16 comments:

  1. Your tree is beautiful! Happy Holidays, I hope you have a great one with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me to get out WHMS, which I always try to watch this time of year. The tree dragging is one of my favorite scenes! Merry Christmas, enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays to you too! I love this cute tree! This whole week I've been posting so much about the holidays... I just can't get enough :]

    xo.
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks lovely, Alaina! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a VERY Merry Christmas and the best in 2012! Looking forward to starting a year as your business partner & cannot wait to see what this year brings. I am SO excited for the launch of The Everygirl.

    I propose a day of working on features + watching Christmas movies next week? Or possibly don't tell mom the babysitter's dead?

    Sorry for being such a sap. It's not me. It's the holiday cheer.

    Merry Christmas! I'm right on top of that, Rose!

    Love,

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alaina,

    I've been reading your blog for a little while but have never commented. Today seems to be the perfect time to start.

    Merry Christmas to you hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Faye xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decorating the tree is one of my favorite holiday activities too! Beautiful tree you picked out :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful tree! hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to wish you a belated merry christmas. I hope you can enjoy Boxing Day. I've been following your blog for quite a while now and really enjoy it!!! Great posts (esp. the one on men's fashion and the letter to Mother Nature I really loved!).

    Many greetings from Germany!
    Yours, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i am happy I found you! your newest follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beyond precious- Happy Holidays!

    http://threadtheneedleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tree! And I also love the budget friendly burlap tree skirt.


    http://styleash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it all- happy holidays to you! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Love the lipstick ornament! <3

    - Amanda at Pretty Little Things

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin