Monday, December 12, 2011

A Lady's Waterfront Abode

Purple is not usually a color I gravitate toward, but the lavender hues sprinkled throughout this home tour have me rethinking that. The soft color lightens and brightens the predominantly neutral-colored home. And I love all the many other feminine touches: the velvet turquoise dining chairs, the sparkly pillows, the luxe bathtub, the paperwhites and other florals lining the walls... yep. No doubt in my mind a lady is behind the design of this waterfront abode. But the rustic elements - the fireplace, industrial china cabinet, kitchen design, and reclaimed wooden tables - anchor the rooms and prevent them from being over-the-top girly. There are so many details hidden in every photo, I find myself looking at each of them over and over again discovering something new and interesting. Which reminds me, how perfect is that solitary tree centered in the panoramic view outside the window?

photo source

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty- I love the logs in the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello amazing home! I'd like to be there right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos! They all got instantly saved to my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually a huge fan of purple either, but it is done beautifully in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous home, love the rustic details. I'm another not usually a fan of purple, but it works great here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be such a great place for a girls slumber party, or cocktail night. Elegant and feminine,without being over the time. I didn't used to like purple, either, but over the past year I've found myself drawn to it. Some shades of it can actually be quite masculine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely place, love the rustic element combined with the sweet lavender touches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow thank you for posting these photos. I've never seen this home before and I absolutely love it! It's rustic yet so super girly – I mean, those pillows are fantastic!

    Also, love your new photo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am expecting a purple lounge to be delieved tomorrow so thankyou for this post! Everything in incredible + has given me so many ideas.. Imagine that view.. breathtaking..

    www.bohemianhunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that arrangement of candles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty! Love the white walls and highlights of pastel tones! that triangular window is so amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't mind a seaside home that beautifully decorated. I typically think blue tones for a beach house but the purple looks softer and reflects the light in a far more interesting way. And those gorgeous teal chairs don't hurt either. Thanks for sharing this incredible inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I please move into this home? I love it and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin