Monday, December 5, 2011

This Year's Unconventional Christmas Wrapping

I am completely obsessed with the color combination of blush pink and hunter green. It all started in New York when I painted my nails "Going Incognito" by Essie. Loved. Then I waltzed into Zara and left with my new favorite hunter green skinny jeans. Where the blush pink combo came in, I'm not quite certain.... I don't think I own a single blush pink item. But inspiration hit me, and I fell in love.
 
 
So, point of the story is that I found this year's unconventional Christmas wrapping color scheme! I spotted this solid green paper at Michael's, then went on a mission for pink ribbon.
Unfortunately, the pinks are slightly more bubblegum and the green is a little more kelly than I'd like, but it works. I also found this solid gold paper and realized that could only ever help, so I added it to my cart. Thus far, I am quite satisfied with this look! Thoughts?

Check out my teal + red wrappings from two years ago. That was quite pretty and unconventional, as well!

21 comments:

  1. Essie going incognito is one of my favorite nail colors! I love that it inspired this color combo. And I really like the alternative to traditional holiday gift wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks so pretty! Blush pink is my total obsession, I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color scheme!! I need to invest in pretty wrapping this year -- totally makes a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a super christmas nerd. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore blushy pink with EVERYTHING and kelly green is no exception- LOVE your wrapping- the solid green paper is perfection and with the pink...couldn't be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Still very cheery and holiday-ish without being too traditional. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmas wrapping! usually I'm a classic red and green while the bf always wants to switch it up with blue or silver. Maybe I'll just shock his pants off with something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I think blush pink is my favorite color. I end up wearing it and decorating with it year round. Truly a go-to neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an unexpected color combo- so preppy.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been on a blush crush for a while, LOVE it! And I love pairing it with army green, is kind of soft and pretty meets though girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alaina! I noticed you used burlap as your tree skirt. I love that look! Where did you buy the burlap and what size did you use?

    Thanks!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg how gorgeous!! i love how those colors look together, so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green and pink are a great combo! and the gold adds a nice shine for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these colors together. This is actually what I want to go for in my bedroom. Looks great with the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the color combo! it's still festive without being too traditional

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love doing something unexpected! This year I went with brown, teal, red and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got to get my wraping on this weekend- I love the pink, green and gold you did! I think I need to add some more pink into my wrapping this year- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dude. I feel so much better, Alaina.

    I thought I was the only one that colored themed my wrapping every year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin