Friday, December 16, 2011

An Open Letter to Mother Nature from a Chicago Girl


Dear Mother Nature,
Please snow. I don't know what kind of cruel tease these 45-55 degree days with sun and rain are, but it's mean and I don't like it. Christmas is a week away, and I'd much rather the streets and parks look like the photos above and not like the muddy mess we currently have. I know it's coming. I know you're going to screw us all over late into March with freezing temperatures and winter storm watches. So can't you just stop with the games, and give us a nice dusting this week? It simply doesn't feel like the holidays with this warm, dry nonsense.


Sincerely yours,
Alaina

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

12 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures! Same here in NYC, it's hard to feel the holiday spirit without a little dusting of snow! Or cold even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. i feel the same way. i asked for snow on my blog today. instead, i have a snow widget!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I know the feeling! Minneapolis has nada too. I never thought I'd actually want more snow in the Midwest but a nice white Christmas would be just dandy :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures, I also love the snow.

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that snow is festive, but I just can't make myself wish for anything that has to do with cold!

    Just found your blog via a friend, and I'm excited to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you took the words right out of my mouth. It's december, in chicago...we. need. snow. now. it is just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While we typically don't get snow in Portland, I'm praying for it! I love the idea of a snowed in downtown- quiet and peaceful. Hoping your wish comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree! I was just talking with someone today saying it's nice that the temps have been mild (Chicago winters considered) but with Christmas merely a week away I'd much rather pretty snow than cold & rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she heard you!!!! Pretty dusting this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was juuust thinking- it's so insane that it's 1 week til xmas and it hasn't snowed in boston yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were in Chicago this week, and I wished the same thing! Chicago become magical in the snow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin