Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bathroom or Luxury Escape? Both.

Yes, this is a real bathroom. The perfect his&hers bathroom that I believe could sharply lower the divorce rate if placed into every American household. Traditional Home editor Robert Young designed this bathroom for the Kitchen/Bath Industry Show in 2007. The main room shown below - with giant tub, black Murano glass chandelier, and tiled mural - is centrally located, with two smaller spaces off either side, one for him and one for her.

The grand tub-for-two is part of the Loft Collection by Michael S Smith. Behind it, the gentleman's quarters.
Lucite chair - again - at her dressing table. I wasn't lying when I said I see lucite everywhere.
Her private bath.
His storage.
The perfect man room. AKA shower. Complete with chromotherapy lighting and a waterproof sound system.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! The only thing I would change is the background. It reminds me of a Chinese Dragon. How much do you think it would cost to have Mr. Young change that? Probably atrocious amount, but one day I shall be able to afford said for the most beautiful bathroom of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina,

    where can I find those men's wardrobes/armoires? They're probably out of my price range; but I thought I'd ask just in case. I clicked the picture, but it did not link to a store or webstite.

    (Very nice blog, by the way.)

    Thanks.

    Angela
    ajabatwork@yahoo.com
    http://www.ajabatwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela,
    Thank you! The caption on Traditional Home's website reads as follows:

    "In the central area, designer Toshie Lim customized interiors of his and her armoires.
    Sources:
    Armoire (“Rutherford Cherry’’ in Peppercorn): KraftMaid Cabinetry.
    Hardware (“Maddox’’ knobs in Satin Nickel): Restoration Hardware.
    Towels, robes, slippers (Turkish Cotton Collection in Eucalyptus and Juniper): Restoration Hardware.
    Nubuck flip flops in Faded Black: J. Crew."

    Here is a link to the story: http://www.traditionalhome.com/design_decorating/showhouses/beautiful-bath_7.html

    And to Kraft Made Cabintry:
    http://www.kraftmaid.com/cabinets/home.aspx

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was a lightening fast response. I clicked over two blogs... checked those out... hit the back button two clicks, and there was this comprehensive answer! Awesome! Thanks so much.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin