Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seeing Hides: Animal skin rugs

As you'll be able to tell from the bevy of images below, this is something I've been thinking about for a while. The animal skin rug. It has become a point of much turmoil in my mind. I love it. But I hate it. I want one. But I could never own one. I am not a vegetarian, and yes, I own leather products. But there is something about having something's hide, in its natural shape and texture, strewn about to walk on every day. That being said. I see them everywhere. Looking fabulous. Kind of like lucite. In bedrooms, living rooms, entryways, dining rooms, layered over a sisal rug or paired next to an oversized, geometric rug. I love the organic shape. I want one in my office. And I keep telling my mom to get one for her living room (alas she refuses). I've searched for a faux-hide rug, but thus far, haven't had luck. I find it hard to believe they don't make them. Maybe some day...

Most Popular
Black and White Zebra

My Favorite
Brown and White Zebra

Brown and White Cowhide

Black and White Cowhide

Natural Cowhide

Where to find the look... everywhere!


What do you think? Could you own an animal hide rug? Would you? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin