Monday, August 3, 2009

Style Icon: Katherine Heigl on-screen and off

This girl knows how to run her mouth and get otherwise adoring fans to turn on her. While she is spunky and relatable on screen, when Katherine Heigl opens up in an interview, she normally ends up losing friends and severing business relationships. That aside, the girl can dress. And while the clothes in her newest flick, The Ugly Truth, were styled by Betsy Heimann, Heigl never disappoints on the red carpet either.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but the preview alone - and one dress in particular - inspired me to look into her character's wardrobe. And here it is:

The custom Giorgio Armani LBD that made my jaw drop. Perfect shape. Great neckline. Just the right amount of sexy. Wish I had one. Alas, it is an Armani, custom-order only, so I can't fathom how much it costs.
...and from the back, this dress continues to turn heads.
The red dress from the poster set the tone for her character's sexy but traditional style of tailored ensembles in classic colors.
Great wrap dress. The buckle adds interest.
black top, gold lengthy necklace, and camel-colored leather bag
- very Carolyn Bessette who was rumored to have only warn the colors black, camel, and white
more camel colors
adore this outfit. i want that jacket.

Some of Heigl's killer, classic Hollywood, red-carpet looks

in Escada dress at 2006 Emmy's
in a red Escada at 2008 Academy Awards
in Zac Posen at 2007 Emmy's
in Bill Blass at the 27 Dresses premiere

3 comments:

  1. Saw this movie on Friday night and it was SO FUNNY! She was beautiful and both Gerard Butler and the doctor were veryy dreamy...Thanks for the outfit information, she looked great in every scene!

    (P.s-I by accidentally erased the comment you had left on the Chanel book...would you mind re-writing it? I am so sorry for this inconvenience but I didn't get to see everything you had written and if it isn't too much, I would really appreciate it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina,

    All of those books can be found at Amazon. I just put them into Google and they all came up. I am not sure about B&N or Borders but Amazon seems to be having sales all the time anyway!

    Hope this is helpful!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you posted this-Katherine Heigl has been my favorite actress for quite some time, and that movie was hysterical! I love how glamorous she always looks-that black dress in The Ugly Truth was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin