Thursday, August 20, 2009

Biker Babe: Leather Coats for Fall

Add this one to list along with the little black dress, tailored white button down, and a classic trench. The motorcycle jacket is seen on runways year after year, making it a design to last the ages. I bought a black leather one from Banana Republic about 7 years ago, and I find myself reaching for it every Fall. It's not as form-fitting as I'd like, but it does the trick. It cost more than I could afford at the time, but compared to the styles below, it was very reasonably-priced (I think around $300). I'll never forget what my mom said as I struggled with the decision to splurge. "You'll have it forever." Wise words. So I took the plunge. And she was right. Whenever I wear it out, I get compliments, I think mostly because you don't see many people wearing them (probably because of the price tags). If you can find the funds or find a more affordable option on sale (try Loehman's or Nordstrom Rack), I say get it. It's fun, fierce, and you'll have it forever. : )

The man who does it best. Andrew Marc. My ideal black leather.

Basic tailored black leather by Marc New York

Amazing asymmetrical Joie number. I'd also love this one but it's twice as much as the Andrew Marc. Also like the color of this Madewell.

Two motorcycle jackets by S.W.O.R.D and S.W.O.R.D. Great grey tone.

More of a bomber look with Diesel and French Connection


Two other coats I fell for at French Connection. I love fur hoods and huge collars. I picture myself cozying up in either one come those brisk fall days.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom was right. I know of a young woman who wears her grandmother's leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin