Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seeing Clearly: Loving Lucite

I have suggested a piece of lucite furniture for almost all of the rooms I've designed for friends.
Here I used a lucite coffee table.
Here I used lucite Louis XV dining chairs.
And here I used lucite nesting tables from CB2.

In the not-so-distant past, I had no idea what lucite was. And at first, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. After seeing it over and over and over again in elegant, casual, contemporary, traditional, you name it-type designs, I've learned to appreciate not only its versatility but what it can do for a room. Using a lucite piece of furniture opens up the space because your eye does not stop at some big piece of furniture in the middle of the room. This trick proves very beneficial for apartment living or other small rooms.

Gorgeous, oversized coffee tables.
Lucite in a very traditional and otherwise feminine space.
Extreme contemporary save for the fabulous French-style sofa. I don't actually like the design of this room, but I love the oversized coffee table.
Up close and personal
Love the console table more than the coffee table on wheels. I personally believe one piece (unless it's a group of chairs or a group of nesting tables) will suffice in a room.
This also works - matching lucite end tables.
The lucite reflects light in an otherwise dark space.
The perfect shade of blue.
My favorite West Elm parsons desk.
And a lucite Louis chair.
Perfection.
This would get me working for hours.
The coffee table has a very interesting shape. Yet I can't get my eyes off that zebra chair. There is so much to look at in this room.
If you're not sure about a full-on lucite piece yet, try something with lucite accents like this upholstered bench with lucite legs.

Find this look at CB2:
Console Table
Nesting Tables
Coffee Table
Media Console

4 comments:

  1. I love everything Lucite, I think it is really fun!

    That West Elm desk is a really classic piece and works well in any room! I love how they did the framed wallpaper. The bedroom by Robyn Interiors is great too...I am OBSESSED with the fluffy pouf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beauteous! i like the blue room the best. Obvi my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lucite is a little too retro for my liking however, it does give a room a unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucite is our favorite. That large lucite table/desk is FAB. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin