Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'd like to introduce my favorite color.

Anyone who knows me knows yellow is my faaaaaaavorite color. Always has been. Always will be. Can it be too bright? Yes. Can it be tacky? Too much? Blinding? Yes. Yes. And yes.

But yellow - in the right shade, on the right piece, in just the right amount - is hands-down the happiest color. So much so that it makes me smile just about every time I see yellow things. It can be a challenge using this color appropriately in a space, but I've found a few samples for inspiration and proof that yellow really is fabulous. Now, where to begin...

Ah yes.
Yellow doors, white trim, wellington boots, and a single pink flower. Am I in a daydream?
Who needs coffee? These kitchens are an instant pick-me-up.
Buttery yellow walls on this tiny kitchen.
p.s. how cute is that mini-Viking oven?
Parisian apartment?
A grey and yellow bedroom. The yellow touches are so subtle and feminine. I love this room.
That yellow lamp is fantastic.
I do not love this room, but I love the color on the left wall. I would have replaced the yellow curtains with white and foregone the mural altogether. Add all-white place settings at every seat. And voila!
Kate Spade's bedroom. Yellow accents here and there.
Fellow bloggers from Young House Love have this PB rug in their neutral living room.
Yellow ceiling!
Feminine and lovely.
People should not be allowed to enter this room without a glass of wine in hand. On another note, I'd love to see the view from the trio of French doors.
Yellow furniture in lieu of yellow walls.
Nothing in this room "matches," but it all works so great together.
Gorgeous yellow house in Hinsdale, IL
One day.
Matine Toile in yellow from Pottery Barn.
And finally. This may come as a shock... but it's true.
My duvet cover, walls, and nightstand accessories are yellow.
Duvet cover, clock, and Quince diffuser from Pottery Barn.
I just bought the yellow, ikat pillow cover from Fabricadabra.
White Euro shams from West Elm.
Jewelry dish from Anthropologie. Lamp from J.C.Penny.
Orchid from specialty shop in Georgetown.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow will be yellow fashion. Get excited.

5 comments:

  1. Yellow is so hot right now. Looooove it! And yes, you LOOOOOVE yellow. Obvi you're fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all the walls in my house are some variation on yellow- no other color is as cheery.

    I LOVE the yellow kitchen cabinets- such a great idea.

    I also love your blog!! Your bedroom is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is when people use a pop of bright yellow or use the very pale yellow. Your images are great, thanks for sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to paint my front door yellow on the inside but my husband says no. I may do it anyway after seeing your post!!!! Thanks!
    xoxoxo
    Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your duvet cover- where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin