Friday, September 25, 2009

Artist Snapshot: Yann Pendaries lomography

While scouring the many art pages on Etsy, I came across the work of Paris-based lomographer Yann Pendaries. I was immediately attracted to his photos, particularly those from Poland. If you hadn't guessed by my last name, I am a Chicago Pole - 100% (for those of you who don't know, Chicago has the largest Polish population outside the eastern European country). My boyfriend and I had the fortunate opportunity to visit Krakow, Poland while finishing up our semester abroad a few years ago, and it was such a pleasant trip. Hands down the nicest people in all of Europe. No bias. That and the old world architecture throughout the city made it one of my favorite places to visit in Europe.

Pendaries' work captures a moment in time. Exactly how travel photography should be. Any of his pieces would be beautiful artwork in a home, and for $25, you can't beat that.

For those of you who have also had the chance to travel through Europe, odds are you didn't make it east of Prague. I highly recommend you do. The proof is in the pudding.

***Poland photo captions corrected. Thanks. : )

The Sand Dune in Leba, Poland
Border between Poland and Czech Republic
Chelmo, Poland near Torun and Vistula River
Gdansk Old Town - Neptune Fountain
Tolkmicko near Elblag (northern coast)
Gdansk, Poland
Baltic Sea Horses

A little bit of London
How many times have you seen images of Big Ben and a red phone booth? Exactly. How many look like this?

Of course, I had to swoon over his photos of Paris
Wallace Fountains

And some more great shots - Berlin, Germany
all photography by Yann Pendaries

7 comments:

  1. I can attest, the Krakovians were the nicest of them all. My fave pictures are the horses, the little boy with the umbrella and the little guy walking through the forest - which looks a lot like that amazing pic you took in London i thinkk? you should post that one too. Thanks for the post and keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I believe all these shots are from Northern Poland, near the Baltic Sea...'
    Not completely. :)

    The first one is from the border between Poland and Czech Republic, south of Poland. Next: Chełmno (Culm) near Torun and Vistula river, Gdansk Old Town with Neptune`s Fountain in the center of the Long Market; Tolkmicko near Elblag, on the Vistula Lagoon and Gdansk again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for clarifying! I made the changes to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome! Thanks for posting these photos.

    Interesting site and tastefully portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these photos are incredible! There's something moody and almost ethereal about them, I had to scroll back to have another look. Twice.
    Hope you had a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I will have to get one and show my very Polish Grandfather- he will love it! I love the Alicia Bock photos too, so I will have to find space for both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful ! You must see my brother's photography too via his deviant art profile at http://mc55.deviantart.com/

    Absolutely love your blogging. Makes me happy inside out!

    Here's mine www.sevencarats.blogspot.com

    Much love + respect.

    Layal Chemaitelly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin