Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall at J.Crew: Alaina's Picks

Whenever a new line comes out, J.Crew emails their fanatic list serve a segment of "Jenna's Picks." J.Crew's senior vice president of women's design, Jenna Lyons, elects her top pieces for the season. However, I don't always agree with the practicality or even the look of her choices (i.e. the $1200 bomber jacket and the paisley shirt in the top right of her selection, respectively). I love a lot of what J.Crew is offering this season, so I decided to compile a list of my own. They are pieces that, for the most part, won't break the budget, can mix and match easily, and will last more than one season. Ok, you'll notice a large selection of shoes among my top picks. But that is because 1. you can wear the most basic outfits - think jeans and a white T - and a great pair of shoes will immediately spruce it up, and 2. J.Crew has way too many cute pairs to choose from and this was the most I could narrow it down. Enjoy!

Alaina's Picks
all images courtesy of jcrew.com

1. Minnie Pant - bought them a month ago (yes, in August), and I've already lost count of how many times I've worn them.

2. Cadogen Leather Ankle Boot - great for skirts, dresses, jeans, ankle pants, shorts... the list goes on.

3. Silk Pleated Posy Top (Jenna repeat #1) - tried this on in the store and it's really quite pretty, so I kept this on this list.

4. Cambridge Cable Crewneck Sweater - I bought three last season once they went on sale and wore them all the time.

5. Bettina T-Strap Heels - love me a good t-strap

6. Scattered Glass Necklace - the mix of colors makes it a diverse piece

7. Lexi Tote - can be worn as a tote or messenger bag - genius! plus it comes in grey.

8. Hunter Wellington Boots - not an actual J.Crew product, but they sell them. great for rainy days plus you can buy wool inserts once the snow hits. if you don't get snow where you live, i hate you.

9. Leather gloves with ruffle (Jenna repeat #2) - great for fancier occasions during the cold season, and again, they're grey. yum.

10. Juliet Tortoise Patent Heels - stacked heel, round toe, and tortoise. need I say more?

11. Estate Link Bracelet - bought a similar one last Christmas and I wear it with everything.

12. Navy Wool Schoolboy Blazer - you'll see black boyfriend blazers everywhere this fall. but i recommend going with a basic, tailored navy jacket. better investment.

13. Luciana Lace Ballet Flat - my favorite item in the store. might need to purchase these.

3 comments:

  1. Can you do a "Alaina's Picks" segment for guys? It would be most helpful for your male crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I'll definitely put one together. Sometimes I like J.Crew menswear better than women's. But then I look at the shoes and that hallucination dissipates.

    I'm still waiting for a J.Crew home collection. Bedding, furniture, hardware, upholstery... dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i would LOVE a j.crew home collection.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin