Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Girls are Back in Town

In NYC, filming for the Sex & the City sequel has been underway for about a week. And fans and photographers alike are constantly catching glimpses and snapping footage of the quartet in wardrobe between takes. To be honest, apart from the white ensemble below, I am not loving what I'm seeing. Fortunately, it's only the beginning... but damn you, recession-friendly wardrobe adjustments!


In looking ahead to SPRING (which is when the film is due out, and yes... I am well aware I just started talking about fall fashion), we can see that absurdly HUGE handbags will be hot commodities in department stores and cropped pants maintain as a stylish staple.

On the fence with this one. I love the color and sparkle but the shape is awful, as are the sunglasses and bag. Great T-strap Louboutin, though!

Not loving either look.

Eeeeek.


And for those of you who haven't already heard.... all signs point to an eighties flashback sequence in the sequel. Sound too good to be true? Think again.

What I assume is Carrie, eighties wardrobe in tow, arriving to the Big Apple as a hopeful twenty-something.
Woah Big Hair. Our Samantha. I'd expect nothing less. SATC stylist Pat Fields has Lilly Pulitzer-ized the young Charlotte York while an eighties' Carrie Bradshaw channels Madonna style to a tee.
The proof is in the pudding, folks.

SATC2 is due out May 2010.

And to reminisce on the fabulousness that was the first SATC movie, below is a still of the girls at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Bryant Park. I absolutely LOVE all of their looks here (I am pretending Samantha's white fur is faux)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin