Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Luxury in San Francisco

As most of you know, my boyfriend and I spent the last week in California driving from San Francisco down to San Diego over the course of nine days, stopping in Monterey, Pebble Beach, Carmel, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, and finally, Coronado. Due to the price of renting a convertible - which is so overpriced but I definitely recommend if you're doing this trip - we had to budget on the accommodations for most of the trip. That is EXCEPT for the beginning and the end. In good ol' San Francisco, we had the luxury of staying at what is my new favorite place - The Four Seasons. The service was impeccable and everything was just beautiful. I highly recommend staying at one if ever given the opportunity.

The hallway leading to our room at the Four Seasons San Francisco... Grey-blue walls. White trim. Gorgeous light fixtures that are difficult to see in this. Modern art everywhere.
While the design is not uber striking at first, I appreciated the neutral color palette. It was relaxing after a busy day in a new city. I think all Four Seasons use the same bedding based on what I've seen on their website. And let me tell you, it was like sleeping on a cloud.
Pretty much every hotel room - whether it's an inn down the road or a 5-star resort - comes with a chair in which no one ever sits. Of all the chairs I have never sat in, this was my favorite. I loved the shape and the fabric. The white speckles you see were raised. Not sure what material it was though... I like the side table too. It reminds me of this.
Not a bad view. Great architecture in this city.
My favorite part of the room. Stocked with L'Occitane products.
All marble. Separate shower and extra-large bathtub. Luxury.
Full-length mirrors on the paneling of the doors make great use of the space and seem to double the size of the room.
Two other rooms taken from the hotel's website. Better lighting and photography.
Better image of what the bathrooms look like...

And more from San Francisco...
Two beautiful homes on Lombard Street - the most crooked street in the U.S.
The magenta flowers cascading down the front of this sky blue home was like out of a fairy tale.
Most of the buildings in San Francisco resemble this Victorian architecture in one way or another...

More pictures to follow from other adventures on the road...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I don't normally notice hotel rooms but this was really amazing. I'll vouch for the Four Seasons any day. Also, service was impeccable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin