Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Fairy Tale Wedding

I don't know about all of you, but these are some of the best wedding photos I have ever seen. A friend of mine emailed the album to me knowing I'd be interested, and I immedately recognized the cowboy-booted bridesmaids from a post Elements of Style did on the photographers, Our Labor of Love. If you are planning a wedding, look no further. These guys are the best.

Of course, it helped that the crafty and country wedding details gave the celebration charm reminiscent of fairy tale bedtime stories. But it was the photographer who captured the mood perfectly. I am not a professional, but I'm pretty sure it was a filter used on a number of these photos to give them the effect I can only describe as 'hazed.' See for yourself! I chose my top 8 favorite photos that are all numbered (I know 8 is a random number, but I couldn't narrow it down any more!). Vote for your favorite image at the end of the post!

Top Pic 1. Her shoes. I would frame this in a heartbeat and keep it in my bedroom (if I was the bride).




Top Pic 2. Great angle. Perfect moment captured.

(not a top choice, but can you say 'largest wedding party ever???')
Top Pic 3. Cowgirls in blue. Love.


Top Pic 4. I love that he's making her laugh in this one unlike most wedding photos that are meant to look romantic and serious (see above images, which are still beautiful). This one better captures the couple enjoying being together.







Again, this collage does not make the cut of top 8, but I LOVE this idea - cakes, cookies, milk and lemonade. Far more delicious and less stuffy than a fondant, tiered monstrosity.
Top Pic 5. The blue photo on the left is just magical. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful night.
Top Pic 6. Oh how I love me some twinkle lights. Reminds me of a country festival.
Top Pic 7. I just love how the tent takes up most of this photo. The composition of this is just G-O-R-gorgeous!

Top Pic 8. My cousin just told me she's having sparklers at her wedding, and all I can think is "Yay!"

4 comments:

  1. My roommate and I hosted a birthday party last weekend and I made a "celebrate" sign after seeing these photos. We got several compliments and liked it so much we decided to keep it up for another week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is the night skiy pic. But also for the dancing. I love me some dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are hands down the best wedding photos ive ever seen....incredibly unique. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin