Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pop Culture: Song, dance, video of the year... Beyonce's "Single Ladies"

Allow me to digress. Between last night's laugh-out-loud episode of Glee, Beyonce's recent jaw-dropping performance at the VMA's, and the surreal clip the was just emailed to me (see "baby dancing" below)... I feel I need to share these gems with the world. AKA my 10 loyal readers. For your entertainment. If you need a laugh. Or want to feel bad about yourself (you will either never look like that in a unitard or the teenage boys dance better than you). Here are the many renditions of "Single Ladies" that have graced our screens (tv or computer) over the past year.

Glee does "Single Ladies"
Ever seen an entire football team dance to "Single ladies?"
You're about to. Begins at 2:15 mark. And again at the 4:50 mark.
And if you don't watch this show. Start. Now.


The show opened with this phenomenal clip.
I was laughing my booty off.


Beyonce's Amazing Performance at the 2009 VMA's
Skip to 1:30 mark for Single Ladies.

The Best of YouTube "Single Ladies"
Even babies like "Single Ladies!" Skip to 0:40 and 1:00 marks for the best moves.


Arianna has skill. The moves are strikingly right on.


Another cutie.


Justin Timberlake and Andy Sandberg on SNL

What do you think of the "Single Ladies" phenomenon?
Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Hilarious! Those 2 babies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I meant to say this in my previous comment: You have more than 10 readers in my office alone so don't be so silly. We love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin