Thursday, October 7, 2010

Alaina Shops: San Francisco

Well, folks, I am off to San Francisco this weekend! I'm flying to the West Coast for a few photo shoots and the West Coast Rue launch party (if you're in San Fran or the surrounding areas - feel free to stop by Sunday night!). The gals are also throwing me a lil' soiree for my 25th on Saturday night. I am thinking this fabulously fantastic weekend will be like New York Round 2, only half the time away from home and half the stress + running around. Sounds good to me!

In the few hours we have free Sunday, I hope to swing by Sue Fisher King, Anthem, and Past Perfect. All three stores were featured in Rue's premiere issue on page 33; the piece was entitled "Rue Shops San Francisco with Grant K. Gibson." Want to know a secret? Most of the photos you see here were left on the cutting room floor - and you are seeing them here first! Just somethin' to say, I like you. ; )

THE STORE: SUE FISHER KING: 3067 Sacramento Street, San Francisco
WHY: "With a huge collection of Astier de Vilatte china, table linens from Liberty of London, and an endlessly accommodating staff, designer Grant K. Gibson considered SFK his favorite store in town."-Rue Magazine


THE STORE: ANTHEM: 3274 Sacramento Street, San Francisco
WHY: "Textured throws, gleaming bar accessories, and posh coffee table books." - Rue Magazine


THE STORE: PAST PERFECT: 2224 Union Street, San Francisco
WHY: "A cooperative of multiple antique dealers, its shelves offer up the one-of-a-kind vintage items... dinettes mingle with gilt Venetian mirrors and rustic Americana." - Rue Magazine


To read more about these fabulous home goods stores, click on over to page 33 in Rue and read up.

I'll be back on Tuesday to show off anything I snatch up on my trip!

Vivian Chen photography for Rue Magazine

7 comments:

  1. hey sweetie! I would love to see your own version of On My Mind!

    Also, I am swinging up to SF for dinner and drinks to meet you ladies. It is your b-day right!!? I look forward to meeting you. Maybe I should get there early to swing by some of these shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I wanna go! Have so much fun and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shops look fabulous. Have fun! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second store looks perfect! Have a great trip xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider me jealous! Have fun this weekend and I can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love love San Francisco! Have a blast!

    besos,

    Win a Banana Republic Statement Necklace at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  7. These stores are amazing! I'm actually going to San Fran this weekend to shop around and cheer on a girlfriend who's running the marathon. Do share any stores/shops/restaurants that you loved! I don't have much on my list except for Miette bakery, yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin