Monday, October 4, 2010

Green Daydream


Question.

Does anyone ever win the HGTV Dream and Green Homes??

Because I never hear anything about it. And it would truly be a shame if these beautiful homes were just sitting there. Take this cozy New England house - 2010's Green Home - comfortably situated in Plymouth, Massachusetts waiting to be lived in and enjoyed by a family. Or me, perhaps! I promise I'd have you all over for hot chocolate and game night.



So much inspiration all in one home. And I'm pleasantly surprised by all of the items I could identify from my favorite store, West Elm (notably the entire home office). To see more photos or find information on materials and sources, click here. In the mean time, I'll be daydreaming I won this house.

If you would like to improve your home to look more like this check out the kitchens available at kitchens falkirk at www.ekco.co.uk

11 comments:

  1. Oh!!! Give me that mud room/laundry room today. I would fall asleep in a minute for that bedroom after I had a luxious bath in the bathroom. All of the colors are working for me. I've solved what color I'm going to do my bedroom do over in greys and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love! I would never want to leave! well, at least not for a long time.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you win just the house or everything that's in it, too? My gawd, it would be amazing to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgeous house and great for entertaining. I wish HGTV wasn't blocked in France because I am dying to watch it. (If anyone knows how I can watch it over here *please* let me know).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love HGTV and their efforts to incorporate green design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little yellow shelf and how it sticks out at the end of the corridor. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the HGTV homes, but you're right, we never hear about them post contest. I'd love to see an HGTV special "Who Owns Them Now"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read an article a while back that most of the people who have won these houses have either ends up selling the house soon after winning it or loses because they can't afford to pay the mortgage. Sad really, such beautiful homes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, once I saw an episode about one of these houses, and it didn't do too much for me. This one, though, is lovely! I'm crazy for a New England vibe that's not too theme-y!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah! i love this home - and like you I love that I am spotting some west elm (fav store!) favorites. but i am especially loving those navy chair barstools!! i just bought a set of the 11 navy chairs for my dining table and I just love that look!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin