Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Girl's Best Friend

You all probably remember this image staring back at you from virtual page 120 in the newest issue of Rue. It's going to be a favorite in blog world, guaranteed. It's the closet of my dear friend, Bailey McCarthy, blogger behind Peppermint Bliss and designer of Quin B Studio.

Now get ready to be jealous. I had the privilege of helping out with this shoot. Yes, I've set foot in this awe-inspiring closet most of us only dream of having. Here's my not-so-professional shot of the same view. Want some more yummy pics from this perfectly girly closet that I consider to be a girl's best friend? Of course, you do.


Cashmere sweaters piled high are an essential staple in any Chicago gal's wardrobe. Winters. Are. Brutal. Sparkly frocks might be less practical, but I encourage everyone to invest in one either way.



Pretty ballerinas all in a row. Oh, and I literally screamed when I saw the neon polka-dotted Marni flats in her closet. Screamed.

Her color-coded, feminine wardrobe dangles on plastic gold hangers, naturally, begging to be worn.

But of course my favorite items in her closet are those smothered in sparkles, of which there are plenty. Can you imagine how much fun baby girl McCarthy is going to have playing dress up in her mom's closet? I might have to join her...

Now quit whatever you're doing and go check out the rest of Bailey and Pete's sweet, funky, colorful pad. It starts on page 104.

And while you're at it, go over and congratulate Bailey, designer extraordinaire! Let me emphasize, she did not just pick out furniture and wallpaper. There was NOTHING but four brick walls when she started on this project.

Quite literally. So everything you see - all the floors, walls, room layouts, archways, trim - everything - she chose. Girl's got skillz. With a z.

18 comments:

  1. i want this closet! and everything that comes in it!!! oh my it's soooo lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I want everything in that closet. ESPECIALLY gold hangers.

    Great job styling -- it was the best shoot in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already looked through her spread twice and I'm planning on looking again! Such a great mix of styles and the drama and colors are really doing it for me! I will have to google to figure out where she got those gold hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! The styling is gorgeous as is the entire house and closet and every piece of clothing in it. I think every girl young and old wants to play dress up in this. Also loving the gold hangers. I'm redoing my closet and may have to steal this idea!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is about to explode!! (literally and figuratively)
    i want her place to be featured in an actual papery magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Covet worthy closet for sure! Any idea where she found the gold hangers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So impressed with your styling! It looked so freaking gorgeous. Her house is amazing! Two very talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning. i mean you cant go wrong with gold hangers! excellent job styling :) xoxo jcd cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely obsessed - I need everything and am so envious of this little room! Great job, Alaina! And great photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Most amazing closet ever! This was by far my favorite feature in the wonderful new Rue issue. And seriously gold hangers!? I need those pronto!

    Great Job!

    xoxo
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about Bailey's house and closet all day long, beautiful! and congrats darling you did a great joB! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. No doubt---She has skillz! Gorgeous closet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is to die for. Love all of it. Well done on capturing the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. too gorgeous ♥ ♥
    I'm jealous with that closet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous!! And you did a fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the gold hangers and those neon flats! I'm so happy for Bailey that her house turned out as wonderfully as it did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my god! Thank you for sharing this. I want to live inside this closet, it's sooo perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin