Monday, March 28, 2011

Home as a Reflection of You

I really love the charming, disheveled look of this Berlin home. The pretty blonde Swede living here is Malin Elmlid, head of sales at Wood Wood, who was born in Sweden, grew up in Ohio and New York, and now resides in Berlin. This world-traveller pays homage to her somewhat gadabout life with vintage furnishings, clothes, and even cooking ingredients she's searched out on her many trips around Europe and the rest of the world. Her home, simple and feminine, is everything it's a supposed to be: a collection of things she loves and a true reflection of herself.

To see the rest of the home tour, click here.

Also, be sure to check out the nursery design I put together for Bailey on her blog today. It's a good follow-up to yesterday's post about the joys of decorating and living with little girls! Think pink, pink, and more pink!

15 comments:

  1. too cute! i wrote about something similar today. homes are truly the coziest of places.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I love homes that speak about their owners :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the patio. This definitely feels like a well loved and personal home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the floors are amazing, I love it in general, gives me a very good vibe! and I loved the nursery btw

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely home! i want those FLOORS! so gorgeous. xoxo jcd:: enter to win my jewelry giveaway !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Lovely home. So eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've loved freudenvonfreuden forever yet no home tour has ever topped this one I think. The floors, the little vignettes, the ease of it all. When can I move in?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely.xx

    Melanie
    www.theiconicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great example of chic "undecorating" per this WSJ article: http://on.wsj.com/hMqzam. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. I am so envious of her floors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely home! I love the simplicity and chicness to it. Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this post. Pinned several of the images, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I 'loved' this post - it was really inspiring for me because lately I've been thinking about why I can't seem to get rid of that last bit of clutter in my life. Its so true that we need to get rid of things that aren't working for us and surround ourselves only with things that we love - THANK-YOU sooooo much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin