Thursday, March 24, 2011

Twins


My favorite look for any guest room consists of two twin beds with matching linens and a single night stand and lamp between the two. This polished appearance is welcoming and homey, reminding me of both a chic hotel and grandma's house at the same time. I especially love it for a house that often has kids visiting - ahem, calling all you grandparents, aunts, and uncles out there. And when it comes to adult house guests, I think it can be a nice break not having someone bump into you throughout the night. Invest in quality mattresses or feather-bed mattress toppers, and your guests will swiftly drift into dreamland, not realizing they're in a smaller bed than they're accustomed to. Sweet dreams!

Do you prefer having a larger bed for guests? Or do you think the two twins is a better option?

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE the look of two twin beds in a room!! And I don't think there's anything wrong with having twin guest beds as long as they're super comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first photo! Two beds make a interesting statement for a guest bedroom rather that one big one, as you say, matching linens, night stands and lamps that create a stylish dialogue. Plus they are more useful most of the times!
    xo, Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two yellow beds make me SO HAPPY. I would stay there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a double or larger bed kind of person. Not sure whether it's because I like to sleep splayed out taking up the whole bed, or because twins remind me of icky college dorms. However I agree with Bailey because those yellow beds are making me reconsider my position.

    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twin beds for quest room is a definite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with twin beds in guest rooms. I have a whole pinterest board just for that... (and just added a couple from here--thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny because we just recently bought the bed for our guest room, and we got a Queen size bed. As soon as we got home, we thought that we should have bought 2 twins instead of a queen. Queen is great when you have a couple as guests, but when you have two people who are not related it's a real bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. Exactly what I have planned for my daughter's room when she officially moves out of Mom & Dad's (only one more year of college left!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin