Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mom's New House: Before & After Sneak Peek

I'm so excited to share the first before/after shot of my mom's new place. The renovation/redecorating has been a reasonable amount of work. While no walls were knocked down or replaced, updates were made to the powder room, laundry room, lighting, floors, closets, and wall colors. The entire house is now light grey - the first floor is one color while the upstairs hall and bedrooms are various shades. This shot of the dining room - one of my favorite rooms in the house - shows off the soft, new color palette with its white, antique mantel, Paris painting, and new Ruhlmann sconces from Circa Lighting. Pretty, yes?

There is still decorating to be done, but I'll start showing you more peeks at our progress. And then just wait. My sister's house that they completely gutted is finally starting to come together. It's been quite a process for them. The house has essentially gone from hoarder nightmare to bare bones gut rehab and will eventually come out as a family haven. You'll see what I mean...

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love this space! It's so clean, fresh and elegant. I love, love the symmetry and balance- Your mama should be so proud!

    abodelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my my, what a transformation, beautiful color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Do you mind sharing the paint color? Looking forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks terrific. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yah! how exciting. the room looks fantastic. xxoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love it! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good so far!

    I can't wait to see the progress of your sister's house. Hopefully the former owners weren't animal hoarders. Those episodes are so sad!

    www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Can't wait to have Thanksgiving pie in that room next year : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this one wall is beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest. Amazing how much difference the paint color made. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully executed, nothing beats classic elegance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin