Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Home Office (on a normal, unstyled day)

I thought I'd follow up yesterday's Home Office Woes with some photos of what my own home office is looking like these days, completely unstyled, looking like it does right now - although I'm shocked there wasn't a coffee cup on the desk when I took these photos last week. Shocked.

As you can see, not much has changed apart from the new desk chair, the Union Jack pillow that I picked up in New Orleans, a yellow Serena and Lily rug I bought on Gilt, and a white West Elm curtain for the window. Oh, and I moved one of the spine bookcases into the living room. As you can see, this teeny 80 square feet of space is chalk-a-block full of nicknacks and items that inspire and make me smile every day. Everything from my favorite candles, books, postcards, vases, notebooks and baker's twine, to my first newspaper articles and my ever-growing collection of A's fill the shelves around me. It may seem cluttered, but everything has a spot and I try to keep it organized. I've repeatedly referred to this blog as my happy space; well, this tiny office is the actual happy place in which I sit, write, work and design. Do you have a happy place? Is it in your home? Or a favorite coffee house or bookshop, perhaps?

For any newer readers who may have missed various DIY parts of my office project, here's a list that could be fun to go back and look through:

• Alicia Bock photography - posts 1, 2, 3
• Coralie Bickford Smith clothbound Penguin classics - posts 1, 2, 3
• the entire series of projects from my apartment

My colorful new desk blotter and the mini calendar sitting on the window sill are by the talented Dabney Lee. I won both items thanks to a giveaway from High Gloss magazine! Similarly, I won the monogrammed La Plates coasters through a blog giveaway. Oh, the joys of blogging!

If you have any other questions about sources, feel free to ask in the comments. I'll respond throughout the day.

20 comments:

  1. I would love to have my office feel and look like that! Ahh how nice it would be to work from home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have such a cool and inspiring work space. i love the wall of frames! xoxo jcd :: stop by, im hosting a custom print giveaway i think you would love! cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration board. I will have to check out your DIY. Love your office, I'd love to work from home...maybe half of the week. It's not easy to type with 2 dogs nudging your elbows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all, Alaina! What a wonderful place to be inspired to design inspiring things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for that Vogue cover print off and on for awhile now and can't seem to find it. Anywhere you know of that sells it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for that Vogue cover print off and on for awhile now and can't seem to find it. Anywhere you know of that sells it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear 50% of the things in your office I have too, including the Anthro letter mug and a Sucre chocolate box! Strange ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im SO SO SO obsessed with your office Alaina, like SO much, Love it, all of it, styled or unstyled! just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your office looks gorgeous, styled or not. Love the random positions of the wall arts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your space so much I made it my HO of the Day.

    You can check it out HERE.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your office. Looks fun yet relaxing at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your office! Actually, I have a pic of it saved as "inspiration office's" ;)
    I spotted your L'occitane hand lotion, I swear by it too, isn't it amazingly good?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot to thank you about the link of your desk blotter, I fell in love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous space!! I love those bookcases that just look like stacks of books!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a wonderful job! I will go check the links you provide. Take care!xo

    Mag

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks lovely!!!

    You have an eye my dear and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure you've mentioned this on the blog before but I have been digging and can't seem to find it - where did you get those vertical bookshelves? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. May I ask what paint color you used for your office's accent wall? Also, what color did you use in your living room? Both are lovely!

    Thanks in advance!
    -Dawn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the design of your home office. Wish my place is like that too. :)

    philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin