Monday, July 18, 2011

If I Had A Boat

 
 

I love love love the water. Being on it, being in it, being near it. I feel a little more at ease when a body of water is close by. But I've never been sailing. And I would like to remedy that. There's something so romantic and enchanting about sailboats. The wooden decks, the massive white sails, the work it takes for a worthwhile ride.

After a quick online search, I learned that through Chicago Sailing, you can charter sailboats for private parties of 4 or 6 people (there's also a boat for larger groups).  It's not cheap, but it's definitely more affordable than I would have guessed. I think this would be a worthwhile investment before summer ends. My four best friends and I and an afternoon on the water with a picnic and panoramic views of the city. Sounds good, no?

11 comments:

  1. Also love water... always wishing summer had more months to enjoy!
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did have a Groupon a while back with Chicago Sailing (we bought it but haven't been yet). Maybe it's something they will do again! I'll let you know how it is when we go. I also have never been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check Groupon frequently. They have had those ones, with that company and others

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, sailing is so wonderful. I grew up on a large bay which is connected to the Gulf of Mexico and as a child we sailed constantly (in small boats). It never gets out of your system. Sailing one like you've shown is a whole other world, of course. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful sailing on Lake Michigan! I did a charter with Chicago Sailing last year for an anniversary gift for my boyfriend and I...only bad thing was that since it was a small boat and it was a leisurely pace (I had only been on fast-moving sailing boats previously), I got a bad case of motion sickness and got sick half-way through :(. So make sure you take Dramamine if you aren't sure if you can handle the bobbing of the waves!

    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love love to do that around the greek islands, perfect holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds amazing! Can I come?! ;) Gorgeous images by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sailing is so romantic and chiq. I love the idea of spending a day on the water.

    www.mimosasnthemorning.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never sailed before either, and think it sounds so fun and romantic! The rates from that company really aren't that bad. I keep saying one day I'll buy one of those Groupon type deals to get out on the lake, since it would be more affordable that way. Those pictures make me totally want to go play in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fantastic! Love the images too, so classy and chic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin