Friday, July 8, 2011

Note to Self: Remember this for when you move to San Francisco.

Yesterday, Design Sponge featured the San Francisco home of my wonderfully talented friend Caitlin, author of Sacramento Street blog. I was fortunate to stay as a guest in this beautiful apartment when I visited last fall, and her finely curated decor stopped me in my tracks as soon as I walked through the door. Of course, her impeccable taste is made evident when you look at any one of her blog posts, but when I saw the spaces she put together, it just all made sense. I've said before, some people are just born with it, and Caitlin is one of them.

Many of the items in her junior one bedroom apartment are antiques picked up at flea markets around the globe, while others are understated yet practical investment pieces from big brand stores - like the upholstered headboard from Ballard, the CB2 dining table, or the West Elm parsons desk. Caitlin perfectly blended the two styles into a clear, cohesive look creating a home that's comfortable and inviting. I can't wait to visit again!

To see more of the apartment, click here.

Happy weekend, everyone!

photography by Michelle Drewes

4 comments:

  1. Love the little dining area and the last vignette. Off to check out more of her apartment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! What a pretty home!

    I posted our living room makeover today! Would love for you to check it out! It was a very drab before...!

    www.justatouchofgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything in this apartment, heading to see the rest of the pictures, have a great weekend Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rooms look bright and fresh and I like the little details of each room too thanks for sharing these pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin