Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Velvety Delight

So I finally saw The Tourist. Other than a handful of Johnny's perfectly delivered quips, the only thing I really enjoyed about this movie was staring at those velvety delights in their fictitious suite at the Hotel Danieli. As you all know, I do not like red in interior design. Yet these sexy, over-sized beauties left me starry-eyed, wishing I had such luxurious softness in my own life.

 
Mmmm so so yummy. Even Carrie and Big's condo rocked a blue velvet sofa in the Sequel Whose Name We Do Not Speak.

If I were in the market and this were in the budget, I'd probably invest in Room and Board's extra-long Hutton Sofa. The question is: pink or navy? I'm thinking pink. If you're going the velvet route, you might as well make a statement and plan the entire room around this showstopper, a la the red monstrosities in The Tourist.

10 comments:

  1. I loved the dark blue velvet couch from the SATC movie, probably not a practical choice if you have pets, but it's so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely the pink. i lol'd at "whose name we do not speak." i couldn't even bring myself to watch it!
    but the cobalt is beautiful too. and so is the emerald one next to the lamb! (why is there a lamb, btw?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swoon over velvet furniture all the time! I especially love the royal blue velvet couch (with the elephant center piece. I have cats, so they might need to get a good shave before a velvet couch purchase. Anyone know of kitty laser hair removal so I can have a pretty couch?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely in love with the Hutton. Sadly my white shedding mammal ruins everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tourist showed Venice beautifully, didn't it? I hadn't thought of the velvet sofas, of course, they are SO Italian. I prefer the sheen of fabrics like silk taffetas, too hot in Texas for velvet most of the time. I, too, have shedding mammals (so cute). xx's

    ReplyDelete
  6. good lord, those 2 are just so pretty, aren't they? i love how the red velvet makes them pop. also? am completely in love with picture #4 and i can't stop staring at it. have "pinned" it away for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually dream of a velvet sofa or arm chair, something like Bailey's
    So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really funny: I´m not a huge fan of velvet, but these pictures are really inspirational! Maybe you´ll change my mind, Alaina :)

    xx Ivana
    http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I didn't live with 3 animals and a husband I would so be all over this couch! I just saw the Tourist too and was blown away by that suite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting light fixtures and bright colours great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin