Monday, July 25, 2011

It's All in the Details

Dancing sign, oversized vine jugs, hats on sculptures, unique lighting, wide-planked floors...

Huge book, tiny chair, the mirror frame, a tray on the floor, that hand...

Worn leather, nailhead trim, a teensy foot stool, the perfect plaid throw, that wall sconce, a dark painting...

Painted brick, tone and tone, again the lighting, the perfect moody shady of grey...

Unique seating, built-in storage, lucite, again the lighting, geometric nailhead headboard, layered bedding...

T O I L E T on the ledge above the toilet...

I adore the thoughtful details that went into decorating this Brooklyn home. Makes me look twice around my own home for the unique pieces and special accents I've placed throughout the rooms. It also makes me want to add more. The home belongs to Kathleen Hackett and Stephen Antonson, the authors of the how-to book Home From the Hardware Store. The couple have proudly filled their house almost entirely with second-hand items and homemade goods. I mean... I can relate.

In other news, I need that DANCING sign.

source

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it really does look effortlessly thrown together - without looking cluttered...love it. It's inspiring me to get rid of "filler" items in my house, and only go with the pieces I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, how cute the toilet sign..and such wonderful interior inspirations! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Loving the TOILET letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in LOVE with this house, I need to move it, literally. I am homeless in NY :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so lovely! All the pretty details and colors!

    xx Ivana
    http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, each and every image was perfect. I love effortless wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These interiors all seem a bit dark but they all look great thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin