Thursday, July 7, 2011

Note to Self: Remember this for when you move to Brooklyn.

 
When all that turns up are cramped, dimly-lit, depressing living quarters in my regular New York apartment Craigslist searches, it can really do a number on one's spirits. But this breath of fresh air apartment proves there really is hope! It just takes a bit of decorating magic. Bright colors, small-scaled yet dramatic furniture pieces, and creative use of space allowed designer Nick Olson to transform this 300 sq foot Brooklyn studio into a beautiful, livable home. I love every detail from the purple chair to the green-trimmed drapes to the photo-smothered refrigerator. What a cozy place to call home.

To take a video tour of the home, click here.

Source

10 comments:

  1. my apartment in italy is so tiny and all i do is search for small space decorating ideas, but THIS one takes the cake! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color palette is so refreshing! Love the green with pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE this home, I actually saved it form my Link post on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I love it! The color palette is so refreshing and inspiring. I love all of the little eclectic details too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that chevron dresser! The use of kelly green looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, and truly inspiring! I just moved to a studio and have been looking for small-space inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not agree more - how great is the light in that place. This post made me start rethinking where I put stuff in my little apartment in the sky. I'm inspired to start moving things around tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The place is great! Like the flashes of colour - the green zig-zagged stripes and the huge piece of art in the living room, these pics have inspired me to create a New-York style apartment using mydeco's 3D room planner, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin