Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So for the second year in a row, I missed the fireworks show.

Yesterday evening, my best friends and I gathered at what we thought was a prime location to see the fireworks show off of Navy Pier.

See that on the left-hand side of the water? That's Navy Pier. Perfect view. Unfortunately, the "Navy Pier fireworks" - as they are so poorly named - were shot off behind the building on the right, meaning for the second year in a row, we missed the fireworks show on the 4th of July. Sadface.

In other news, all of the folks in the amazing new Aqua building had a clear shot of the sparkly sky. I'd like to live there one day. It's maybe the coolest architecture I've ever seen.

Fireworks or no fireworks, I had another fantastic weekend in Chicago. The weather was absolutely perfect every day, my dad was visiting from out of town so we enjoyed some great food and music a couple nights, and my best friend turned 25.

And here's that sparkly top I was telling you all about! Fun, right? I pretty much hate the color red and don't own any fashion accessories in that particular shade, so I just went with red nail polish to complete my patriotic ensemble. Also, that's my dad. Not sure you've all met! Tom, meet the blogworld. Blogworld, meet Tom.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you missed the fireworks show... But all in all sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sparkly top ! Sorry to hear about the fireworks but glad you had fun anyways :)

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's sad! So close yet so far. In Seattle they do the show from a barge in the lake just north of downtown. Our house is on the hill right above the lake but for some reason we always end up a couple of miles away down the water. You can still see them though! Love your patriotic outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so much like your dad! So cute! We watched the fireworks from our rooftop - and by fireworks I mean the fireworks that the whole city shot off. It was quite the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least you looked super cute and patriotic as you weren't watching fireworks!

    i couldn't agree more about red. dislike.

    happy belated 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sparkly top! I wore a blue top (not nearly as cute as yours, though) with white shorts and red nail polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a bummer but still the view looks amazing! I also hate red, have nothing in that color, I can do burgundy but scarlet red, never!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sparkly top! Although you missed the fireworks, at least you have a great time with family and friends. :) And you looked pretty, too!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin