Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Artist Snapshot: Caitlin McGauley


I remember reading the first issue of Lonny magazine like I remember my first kiss (which happened to be on a white sand beach in Mexico - holla!). One of my faaavorite things about the new online mag were the charming watercolor illustrations by NYC artist, Caitlin McGauley. Her contributer profile stated she was a fellow Syracuse grad, and I couldn't help but feel that bit of pride that springs up whenever you hear your alma mater produced someone with that kind of talent. While I haven't found reproductions of her paintings for sale anywhere, Caitlin does commission-based work. In other words, you send her a picture of your living room, your favorite chair, or pair of shoes, and she'll paint it. Pretty cool, yes? Let's have a look-see.

Yum


Posh


Vogue


Shops around the corner...


Lonny

Check back at NOON EST because I have tickets to giveaway to an event tomorrow and this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love these... I really like her painting style!!

    Thanks~ Lindsay
    A Design Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work and have also searched to see if she sells prints of it. I would love to have some of her work...maybe I need to start searching for something for her to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her stuff. Makes me want to take another watercolor class! xo katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent! Watercolor is a media I'd forgotten how much i love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always loved her work in Lonny and its so nice seeing her other paintings! I especially love the NYC buildings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin