Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fireflies & Twinkle Lights


Boy do I love twinkle lights. Their soft glow reminds me of catching fireflies in my backyard when I was young. Fireflies are one of two bugs I've never afraid to hold in my hands - those and ladybugs. Anyway, back to twinkle lights. I almost prefer them in the summer than at Christmas. They provide the perfect light to guide a garden pathway or to brighten an outdoor eating area. Now that my brain is churning with how to furnish my back deck at the new place, and I have a gagillion ideas and no solid plan as to what kind of furniture I want, my mind was at least made up that I wanted soft lighting to replace the big, bad spotlight that is currently out there. I knew I needed twinkle lights. Twinkle lights and lanterns. But I'll save the latter for another post.

Aren't they perty?

So when I saw these Globe String Lights in Pottery Barn's newest spring/summer catalogue and noticed they cost $15 a set, I immediately went online to order them. No luck. Sold out. So I called my nearest store. Jackpot. I drove right over and purchased two sets. I hope that's enough.
(no longer available online, but in most PB stores)

They have some other cute options still available online...
These stars are actually quite dainty and perfect in person.

These are awesome, and I wish they would work on my deck. But I need something I can hang along the side railing (apartment deck, remember). This set would be better overhead.

What kind of lighting do you have in your outdoor space?

*images from Re-Nest, About Patio Design, Sival, Casa Sugar, Pottery Barn*

14 comments:

  1. I love twinkle lights! They add such ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this fab early spring in Chicago has gone to your head too! There is nothing I love more than twinkle lights/globe lights. The colorful ones too! I want to hang them across our backyard but I don't think Pete is sold yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty can't wait for a summer bbq....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are pretty and can make a space so much more festive. I want the PB ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. couldn't agree more! i am in love with white lights....great call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed on the twinkle lights - and on the bugs lol

    ^_^ Can't wait to see you deck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outdoor lighting is so beautiful and I think it would be perfect for an outdoor evening wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hung some that look similar to the Pottery Barn ones (but were from Target) on our pergola. I love the ambiance they add in the summer and I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and will totally be following via google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love light garlands, they look so cute, especially outdoors! Thanks for sharing, love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14442&f=35891

    crate and barrel has a line of outdoor seating that i feel is right up your alley. i'm in love with them. there's also plenty more to check out there in the outdoor section :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love twinkle lights!

    I found an outdoor table for 75% off at Home Depot last Memorial Day. The person helping me said they discount a lot of their outdoor furniture for Memorial Day and Labor Day. I just added some new cushions, and it looked great. Just thought I'd pass on the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also enjoy looking at these cute little firefly lights especially in the gardens and when they are hanged in trees. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also enjoy looking at these cute little firefly lights especially in the gardens and when they are hanged in trees. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin