Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Look for Less: the brickmakers table



The brickmakers coffee table from Restoration Hardware (shown above) is my favorite coffee table. I've always preferred wood tables to glass because I inevitably rest my feet on them and the glass or metal digs into my ankles uncomfortably. But the $45 CraigsList purchase that is currently in my living room has seen better days. Unfortunately, RH's brickmakers table, and most other versions I've come across, are over $1000. (WHAT?!?!?!?!?!)

Not feelin' the love? Allow me to explain my infatuation:
1. It's not stuffy or fancy, but it could easily work in a more elegantly dressed room. Or a casual room for that matter. I like it when my furniture swings both ways.
2. It looks old, more like I found it at a flea market in Paris versus my local furniture chain store.
3. It's huge. I love a huge coffee table to anchor a room. Perfect for playing games, displaying books, holding candles, and eating off of.

But for now, I'm stuck admiring from a distance...

via Madeline Stuart


You in love, yet?
Well the good news is you can find this similar version from Hobble Creek Trading Co. for $577 - that's less than half the price of RH's!

And here is Restoration Hardware's, which sells for a whopping $1360.

Don't you love finding the look for less?

So that's that. Men have a dream car. I have a dream coffee table.

What's yours?

12 comments:

  1. Great find!!

    Anthropologie has a fantastic wooden table that I love, but it's just a tad pricey for my taste. And I don't actually have a place to put it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of coffee table. You are so good about finding the look for less and keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this table! I agree about loving wooden tables also! But I can't think of a specific one that is my favorite... maybe this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Restoration Hardware! I love the rustic feel of the table and it works in a lot of different spaces. (I love the big oversized floor mirror from Restoration H. in the first photo too... I want)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rustic yet refined look of these tables...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the table! and it certainly is versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im absolutely feeling the love Alaiana! not price love though :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with that style of table too. Found and even better L4L from Boston Interiors (The Pacifica Table) - gorgeous and only $350.

    Enjoy!

    http://www.bostoninteriors.com/shop/product.php?productid=1970&cat=1585&page=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh man, I have been eyeing that table for about 8 months! I want it sooo bad. $577 is so much less, but MAN, still too pricey. Thanks for the wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I thought my posts made it on here...but I actually have a table like the Restoration Hardware looking to get rid of for way less, its a square though not rectangular. email me @tdwilson10@hotmail.com if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know that if you're patient, Overstock is going to have one of those for $200 :) I'm also coffee table shopping. Ideally, I would love to have two of those square brass with glass top end tables as my coffee table. Still looking. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Modular coffee table at West Welm works as a comparable alternative, only it doesn't have the metal pieces along the length of the bottom of the table. I bought it and didn't use the "nesting" table underneath, so that it had the same look as the Restoration Harware table -close enough...and works for me at $399.

    http://www.westelm.com/products/f880/?pkey=cside-accent-tables

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin