Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Layers


I just spent way too much time over at The Sartorialist, a site I've heard so much about but never really took the time to explore in depth. I was searching for inspiration as to how fashionable people stay looking fashionable on rainy days, given the recent weather around the country and the fabulous thunderstorm we had here last night. But instead, I realized how my love for fall and spring wardrobes stems from the need and practicality of wearing layers. Not only do they keep outfits more interesting by allowing folks to mix and match colors and patterns, but they're essential on days like yesterday - 70 and sunny at noon, cool and rainy at 4pm.

Note the recurring pieces in these images:
spring jackets
scarves
leggings
and lots and lots of skirts!

I love spring.

*all images via The Sartorialist*

Makes me want to go out and buy a trench coat and a bunch of skirts.

Who's your fave?
Mine, of course, is the yellow with stripes at the top.

12 comments:

  1. I have to agree on the first image. I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leggings and heels! And agreed on the layer-love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first image as well. And that little kid--how adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how I love spring, I think it is the most fun season to dress for! Especially during this magical Chicago spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav is the first one too! I just can't get enough yellow at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just happy the warmer weather is here! Hooraay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to go with the trench coat look. Tres Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 and 3 are my faves..spring layers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how scarves never go out of style or out of season! That's my favorite layering piece of clothing/accessory! I love the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little boy is uhshmazing!! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that pink coat! I've been looking for one like that for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin