Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not your ordinary night-light


Ooo how I'm loving the charm and ingenuity of this seemingly normal bedside sconce. You see, it's actually rigged along a wire so that it can be centered and shared by two people, or pulled over to one side to let your bed mate sleep while you stay up finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns. True story - I read that book in one sitting, staying awake until 4:30am. It's that good.

Anyway, I think this is just so perfect for small bedrooms (ahem, fellow apartment dwellers). We've all had one - the awkwardly narrow room that can only fit one night stand, and that's with the bed crammed against the wall allowing only one person to comfortably get in and out to pee in the middle of the night. Or the rooms whose darling but absurdly small night stands aren't large enough to hold a lamp and a book and your glass of wine. Just me on that last one? Don't judge.

I see you, Monkey. Busting out the Michael Jackson moves?
"Ow!"

images via etsy seller SCALEwkshp

6 comments:

  1. i think this is so sweet! Love how soft the light is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that just might be my favorite thing I have seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved A Thousand Splendid Suns! LOLing at that monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing out loud at that monkey and your commentary. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I want to read that book...The Kite Runner was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post and the light, so ingenious! I'm with you on big bedside tables!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin