Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Decorating with scent



When I heard the new slogan of luxury fragrance brand Jo Malone - "decorating with scent" - I thought it was genius. After all, we're always talking about colors and furniture and fabrics and entertaining, but none of it matters if the room you and your guests sit in smells like your running shoes, or in my case, two dogs. This is why I always have a scented candle burning before guests come over and have even had people remark on how great my apartment smells. This makes me smile.

So... you can imagine how thrilled I was when I got an email from the fabulous crew at Jo Malone and learned they were partnering with everyone's favorite British paint manufacturer, Farrow & Ball. The two companies are teaming up for a limited edition collection of colored candles, pairing five of Jo Malone's signature scents with five of F&B's classic colors.

Beautyful, yes?
I want one in every room of my apartment.

I absolutely love the following promotional images I was sent. They're like mini-inspiration boards; they combine the candle, the ingredients of the scent, the paint color, a complimentary F&B wallpaper, and complimentary paint colors for decorating a space.

Jo Malone Grapefruit
+ Farrow & Ball's Cream

Jo Malone Basil and Mandarin
+ Farrow & Ball's Breakfast Room Green
via Jo Malone

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
+ Farrow & Ball's Eating Room Red
via Flickr

Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao
+ Farrow & Ball's Oval Room Blue

Jo Malone Wild Fig and Cassis
+ Farrow & Ball's Pelt
via Jo Malone

I'd have to say the Oval Room Blue, but the Cream is comin' in a close second.

Oh, and if you were struggling over what to get your hard-to-shop-for mother-in-law this mother's day, you're welcome. These babies just popped up online and are available to purchase here.

6 comments:

  1. love it! I love Jo malone and their shops are divine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a great Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those promotional images do a wonderful job of making you crave the smell, which is not easy to do visually!
    And
    Kudooozee on the new header
    and
    Thank you so much for the words of encouragement on my post yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome and perfect, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scents of Jo Malone. The photos were fabulous - brilliant marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one! These are so beautiful and I am sure they smell even better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin