Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An Apple a Day

...makes the best kitchen accessory.

Amazing news! I am finally having my apartment professionally photographed. So naturally my head is all flustered with plans on how to style it. I'm not doing anything extravagant - mostly purchasing fresh flowers and a few prettier looking bottles of booze for the bar in my dining room. Timeout. Yes, some bottles are prettier than others. Bombay Sapphire. Tangueray. St. Germain. Pretty much anything colored or that has a fancy label. Ok, time in. One item on my list of things to buy is a bunch of green apples. I usually have some in my kitchen anyway - Granny Smith apples and crunchy peanut butter... mmm - but I want to grab a few more because a grouping of that muted lime green is oh-so pretty against white cabinets. In other news, who's excited to finally see my kitchen makeover?

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

12 comments:

  1. I am so inspired by the colour palettes in these photos - I love the use of white, beige, taupe and stone in the kitchen - so simple, elegant and beautiful!!! Thanks for posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that last kitchen anywhere. I got to tour it back in December (http://www.semidesignedlife.com/2010/12/becoming-professional-house-stalker.html) and I literally gasped and stopped in my tracks when I entered.

    Can't wait to see how the kitchen has come together and that your special delivery is the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah so exciting, you know I love your huse so best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that kitchen with the sweet crystal chandeliers! Can't wait to see your kitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kitchens could look at them for hours. Can not wait for the big unveil!!!! Have fun with the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every single one of these kitchens and can't wait to see the makover!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! Can't wait to see!! And I'm more of a Gala person, but Granny Smith definitely look fab against white :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. These kitchens are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the makeover! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! Who is photographing your apartment (can you share yet?). Two more bottles that I always think look good on bars: Hendricks' gin (great squat little shape) and Maker's Mark (can't beat that pop of red in the wax seal!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny - We had our apartment shot by a photographer last month (haven't released the photos yet) and I was SO particular about the booze on the cart. My bf was like "how about some gin?" and I'd say "what does the bottle look like?" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting ! Can't wait to see it. I may have bought pretty water bottles for my bar cart......

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin