Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Marketing Genius that is J.Crew

Oh, the marketing team at J.Crew is at it again... this time replacing cutie celebrities with cuties on their own payroll. That's right. Allow me to introduce the men behind the lens. In a series entitled The Highlight Reel, J.Crew's website currently features a selection of their photographers modeling spring menswear. With their disheveled hair, requisite facial scruff, and charming smirks, Mark, Justin, Jason, and Stephan will have girlfriends, wives, and boyfriends around the country trying to replicate this dapper-yet-cool look on their own men. And they will fail. Because let's face it. Their men are not J.Crew photographers. Which I just decided might be one of the sexier jobs out there.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

So for the non-creative but really sweet yet fashion clueless man in your life, I recommend a few basics to get him through the warmer weekends ahead.

16 comments:

  1. i need to get my husband those gray loafers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - what a fabulous idea for a campaign! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really do have a genius marketing team. Love the shoot and the items you've picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mens clothing at jcrew has gotten so much cuter. So cute in fact, that I ordered a few of their tops in extra small for myself... they actually fit really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was such a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind if I ask what your thoughts are on the ad with the boy and the [pink] nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. In response to this post and the previous one.... have you seen those GORGEOUS bright purple cropped pants that are coming to JCrew women's for Fall?! I'm DYING over them!

    Mackenzie
    mackenziepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So.darn.good. Like, seriously, brilliant! Love your picks, Alaina and thanks for sharing this with me - off to check out the JCrew site now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just fell in love with Mark Champion.

    So if he happens to see this, call me.

    hah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this campaign! Seriously, very clever. Great picks too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! An inspired campaign, creativity at work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am Mark's wife (#1). Cute blog! He does all the photography for my site (bonus!) Stop by for a visit sometime.

    www.clotheshorsenyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow... dream guys for sure! so cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, hello. {excuse me while I swoon.} Where are such mean in real life?!

    xo,
    kate
    Undeniable Style

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin