Monday, April 4, 2011

The Former and the Ladder

That's right. An inundation of inspiration on how to incorporate an old wooden ladder into your home decor. It's not your average room accessory - what like a globe or vintage camera (I'm guilty of owning both) - but it adds both architectural interest and height to the standard visual field. It could also be used practically as a place to hang blankets (in the living room), towels (in a bathroom), or books and magazines (in a bedroom or office).

West Elm recently added a bamboo ladder to their spring collection. Priced at $179, it's ingeniously styled above as a towel rack. I was debating whether to spend my hard-earned Design Dollars on one.

But then I found this impressive guy tucked in the back corner of the basement at Blue Door when I was antique shopping in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and I snatched it up for $70. It's nearly 8 feet tall, sturdy enough to hold a grown man, and has that perfect worn-in texture. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where 1. I'll show you photos of how I styled it in my home and 2. I make a rather exciting announcement!

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 - my own

11 comments:

  1. Love that ladder you scored at the Antique shop!

    The photos are also so very fabulous. Very eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ladders in a room!! And the one you found looks great! Can't wait to see how you style it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much inspiration in this post- gorgeous. And high fives on your ladder score- can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great score! Dying to see it styled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that first kitchen, LOVE the West Elm styled bathroom, and LOVE your new ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where are you going to put it :) ?? cant wait to see it in use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ladder--but I cannot take my eyes off of the lighting fixtures in the first photo and the rainbow rug. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using a ladder in the bathroom as a hanger is such a clever idea! If only I had a bathroom big enough to add one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful hanging the towels!
    em

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! Not only the price but the fact that you got an "unique" one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ladder. Can't wait to see where it ends up! BTW love that purse you are wearing in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin