Tuesday, August 23, 2011

alaina's notebook: j.crew shopping list

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Tonight I'll be venturing to the J.Crew on Michigan Avenue for a private shopping party with some of my favorite Chicago ladies. Read: this could be dangerous. To reign myself in from completely exploiting the 20% discount we are being offered, I've narrowed my wish list down to a few fun pieces for fall, inspired by the colorful prepster look warn by Miss Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific. I mostly need tops, so this mix of color, pattern, and sequins is right up my alley. Yes, mustard silk blouse, in a few hours, you will be mine. I've wanted a leopard-print belt for forever and a day so that might finally make its way to the checkout register, and while I probably won't get them, how fantastic are these ankle-zip skinny corduroys? Who would have thought cords could be sexy? Leave it to Jenna. Making the impossible possible.

15 comments:

  1. That sounds so dangerous- but also like fabulous fun! Let us know what you end up purchasing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!! Such great picks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love love this color blocking! j.crew is dreamy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your picks! I should probably get an idea of what I "need"/want too. Good suggestion. See you tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited! This is going to be so dangerous. I have been browsing J.Crew alllll day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking that mustard blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO excited. I want everything. Definitely going to be dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to plan ahead...definitely dangerous! I'm so jealous of you Chicago girls who get to go shopping there tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought a navy blazer with gold buttons from there! Completely in love with it. I need it to get a little cooler ASAP!

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i dont think i could pull off that look but i completely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy am I jealous!! Private shopping party!! Woo hoo!! Sign me up!! Have SO MUCH FUN! : ) Love that silk blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have those cords in black and they are the best, most comfortable pants i've ever purchased! totally recommend them. they complete any outfit, and i love that they even make my plain v-neck tees look stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh jealous!! That store is just too good to pass up, especially the Michigan Ave one! I'm with you, that silk blouse is so pretty! Definitely a piece that can go for multiple seasons. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love those cords! May have to get them in navy or lilac :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these colours! You have me excited about Spring!

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin