Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Wish Granted

 
Thanks to my very best friend, my craving for a good ole' fashioned carnival was quenched. And we didn't even have to leave the city of Chicago! A small school was putting on a fundraiser for families and children, so naturally, we attended. I am sad to report there was no Ferris wheel or Zipper, but the blinking lights, the sugary funnel cakes, and the overstuffed prizes were just what I needed. And I kind of loved the ATM that spit out tickets instead of money. The whole evening was charming and magical, and just the kind of night I needed now that summer is coming to an end. Thank you, Lauren!

Mmm... so what's next? Apple picking, haunted houses, and harvest festivals. Oh my!

13 comments:

  1. I'm going to say it- an ATM that gives tickets. amazeballs. What a fun time. I look forward to the fair every year, so I totally understand that whole that needs to be filled! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ATM is pretty fab! I dont think I have ever been to such carnival but looks like you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had a funnel cake in years, need to get me one of those! Love the pictures through instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm hungry for a funnel cake, now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noting better then a carnival, even more the fried goodies!
    xo emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of fried dough looks dangerously delicious! Love all of the pics, looks like such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I cannot believe summer is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! And I can't believe the ATM spits out tickets. Never seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had tons of fun! I got my carnival fix over the 4th of July weekend. Can't go through a summer without indulging on fried foods, spinning rides, and overstuffed animals :)
    xo
    http://lipglossflipflops.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing. Nice way to edge your way into fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks fun!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so cute in that last pic! yum i want funnel cake now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, did you take these photos on your iPhone or did you use a program??? Love the style of photography, love to know how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin