Thursday, August 11, 2011

Three Must-Haves for Fall

By no means am I looking forward to cooler temperatures and shorter days, but the styling from this week's AG denim Gilt sale got me all excited for fall. Layers, skinny jeans and heels, blazers and sweaters, leather boots... I love it all! Hands down, fall is my favorite season to dress for, and with designers and stores debuting their fall previews, a few not-so-trendy trends have become very apparent.

Mark my words, three pieces worth investing in this season are:
1. a silk blouse - at least one... but really, you may just want to start a collection
2. one mustard-colored article of clothing - your pale skin tone be damned
3. the perfect fitted blazer - bonus points if it has gold buttons, is made of velvet, or is some bold, fun color in lieu of the safe grey or navy

I pinky swear promise, you will not regret it.

14 comments:

  1. i'm virtually high fiving you on all three pieces. and i would add some hot wedges into the mix too! :) love mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the mustard color for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so agree! I just got a new silk blouse from the thrift store (win!) and I've got a soft spot for mustard. Throw in the perfect boots with your skinny jeans and that's it! Now I'm (kinda) excited for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love silk blouses and blazers!
    Perfect picks for fall! :)

    ~Tammy
    www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great pieces! I love dressing for fall too, if only it didn't mean winter was right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a mustard blazers, seems to work with everything, pretty!
    btw, your home on Glitter Guide is amazing, big big big fan Alaina!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mustard is definitely on my list for this fall. I wanted something mustard last fall but just never found the right piece. Determined to make it happen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list of must haves. These outfits are so pretty and I'm definitely on a mission to get something in mustard now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a coincidence! i'm in india now and was planning go fabric shopping this week for some silk - to get some blouses custom made (way to affordable here not to!)....also plan on getting a blazer made too (before i leave).

    seems like i'm on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you are so right!! thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know about mustard (possibly the WORST color on me!) but I'm loving that paprika hued top and that cozy looking pullover sweater. I love dressing for fall too! Craving some olive colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Couldn't agree more! I have a slight obsession over silk blouses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Images! Silk Blouse and Mustard colors~ I like!)

    GlamThings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin