Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Today's Style at Home Glitter Guide Feature!

I was both giddy and honored when a note from the founder of The Glitter Guide, Taylor Sterling, popped up in my inbox. She asked if I'd be interested in being photographed for the site's Style at Home feature. Naturally, I responded with a resounding "Absolutely!"

As I've said before, I admire Taylor and The Glitter Guide team for coming up with an ingenious new concept for online media. Blending a blog format with more editorial type stories and photography, they produce fresh, magazine-like content on a daily basis that readers flock to for inspiration. The thought that my personal style and home would be a part of that content was more than flattering.

I had so much fun spending the day working with my talented friend and photographer, Danielle Moss, to produce this photo spread. I hope you all enjoy this peek of my life and style at home!

And funny enough, I've blogged about almost everything I'm wearing in these photos.
*Links go to blog posts where you'll find links to actual products.
1st photo: sequin top and white jeans, J.Crew // bracelets, J.Crew and vintage // heels, Sergio Rossi
2nd photo: silk blouse, J.Crew // jeans, Abercrombie // bracelet, Tory Burch // necklace, J.Crew
5th and 6th photo: dress, ASOS // heels, Nine West // bracelets, Kate Spade
purses from left: Tory Burch, Banana Republic, Express, Tory Burch, Jess LC

20 comments:

  1. OMG, SO proud of you!! I was very curious about your photoshoot with DM. So exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so amazingly styled and shot! tell danielle she did a great job! and congratulations for being on glitter guide! :) you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I love it! And love your pups!

    You are a very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! The photos all look amazing. By the way, is that a cocker spaniel in that photo? I have a cocker myself, so of course I immediately honed in on that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the row of nail polish. Those little bottles are works of art themselves aren't they?

    Good selection of chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I recognized the Asos dress, but this is the first time I see it on you, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello my dear! I just found your blog via The Glitter Guide! I absolutely LOVE it! You have wonderful style and I love your decor. now following!

    xo Julia
    galmeetsglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog after reading Glitter Guide! Love it! Happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! This is so great, you are adorable! :)
    -Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your blog after seeing your feature in Glitter Guide. I love your home and I love your blog! I'll be ordering one of your prints on Etsy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on a fantastic feature! Such a chic apartment and ADORABLE puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love it! Congrats on the well-deserved recognition!

    xoxo,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Alaina, congrats, darling! I loved to see you at Glitter Guide. Actually, I love your home and I´ve already posted it in my blog.

    kisses from Brazil
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the feature! I've always thought your home was cute. The last words of the feature were actually what led me to post today. (I always read in Google Reader so posting is a pain at work).

    Anyway... I DO have a giant disco ball in my living room. And lots and lots of sparkly mirrors. It is glam-tastic. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fantastic! Congrats on such a huge honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great feature! I like GG...they're home features are always so bright! :))))

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for doing the post! I really liked hearing about your active decision to change the direction your life was taking at 23. I'm 23 now and having that very problem. I work in a crappy dead end job in Arkansas after moving post college from Massachusetts to live with my beau while he's going to law school. We're planning on moving to a different area of Arkansas when he's done in just less than two years so it's hard to justify looking for another job that will pay less without my great benefits for such a short period of time when I have big bills to pay. Moving to Arkansas meant giving up working in my dream industry, publishing, since there are no publishers in Arkansas. I'm not in a place to start my own, yet, but not living creatively is draining at times, which is why I started my blog. Thanks for sharing your story. It's really reassuring that if I work really hard at it, I can too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin