Friday, August 5, 2011

Where, Oh Where, Has Summer Gone?

As teachers head back to their classrooms and sweaters and coats fill store shelves, I find myself clinging to the sunny days and hot nights of the past two months. It seems every day my schedule gets busier and busier.

So to make sure these days don't just pass me by, I've decided to write down a list of things to do as we dive into this last month of summer 2011:
1. enjoy an afternoon at North Avenue Beach
2. attend a Cubs game
3. go for at least three runs along the lakefront
4. have a picnic on the lakefront with friends
5. get drinks on the rooftop of Paris Club

Easily doable, I think. What's on your bucket list for the rest of summer?

10 comments:

  1. Love these images, Alaina! I def. need to attend a few more Cubs games, eat every meal outdoors, and enjoy the sunshine. Let's get Anne and head to Paris club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really has flown by! i can't believe it! here was my summer bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i realllly want to take a trip to ravina for a summer concert. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to do a lot more outside living. Only a few short weeks left. So crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list! I just checked out Paris Club for the first time last night and it was great. And running on the lakefront may require a little motivation but I always feel happy I went when I do (plus there's good people watching out there!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bucket list for the end of summer is to keep myself and my plants alive! We are at day 34 of over 100 degree weather, 107 today. Ridiculous! I can't wait for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer has really passed me by, and I don't think I'm going to get a chance to enjoy it much. Too many distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how did summer swing by so fast?!?! - great list, I'm inspired myself to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog
    I want some beach days
    I am your newest follower and look forward to knowing you

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your summer bucket list made me smile as I've been doing the same thing for years. I always never seem to get what I want done in my precious time off work without one. Since its winter here in NZ my bucket list is a little different and includes;
    1. Tea and cakes at Agnus Curran one rainy afternoon
    2. Attend a Rugby World Cup game
    3. Have a winter getaway to our bach with friends

    www.toindigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin