Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend in Instagram

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, then you've probably already seen some of these... apologies for the repeats.

Saturday AM: Last week I received an email from Heidi, a talented interior designer and author of A Thousand Laughing Starfish, informing me that she'd be in town for the weekend from Ohio and would love to meet and chat about blogs, design, and work. Always eager to meet another like-minded blogfriend, I said yes!

Saturday AM: So we went to what I consider the best breakfast spot in Chicago: Southport Grocery. If you've never been, go. And get the Sweet and Savory French Toast with a side of potatoes. You'll die.

Saturday PM: After the morning's monsoon, the skies opened and friends and I were able to enjoy bits of the air and water show from one of their roof decks in Wicker Park. Uninhibited skyline view. Not too shabby for Alaina.

Sunday early PM:  I ventured out to St. James Farm near Aurora with my mom and sister-in-law for my cousin's bridal shower. It was outside in a beautiful picnic area, which I thought was a nice departure from the cliché country club luncheon. It didn't hurt that the weather was perfect.

Sunday early PM:  The hostesses piled on the charm, serving lemonade and iced tea out of mason jars with striped straws.

Sunday PM: Someone showing up at your door with flowers might be the greatest thing ever. It's nice starting the week with pretty pink stems nestled on my desk.

Sunday PM: I've lived in Chicago my entire life yet I had never sat and looked at the night skyline from North Avenue Beach. Until yesterday. A view of Lake Shore Drive, the John Hancock Building, the Drake Hotel, Navy Pier, and the sparkling lakefront. It was kind of perfect. Great end to a lovely summer weekend.

How were all of your weekends? Good, I hope! Summer's coming to an end... are you making these last weeks count?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Flowers and a skyline date, pretty heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend- love your photos and thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun weekend.
    What is your instagram name? I'm ladyofthearts- would love to find you there- I've been instagraming more than tweeting lately-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had the perfect weekend ... awesome weather was icing on the cake for sure!

    ❤ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome weekend. A special someone who shows up with flowers at your door I'd say is a winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten you are in Chicago! I have actually been here the last week...I have to say, I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This iced tea served in glass jars was a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am def making the most of the last weeks of summer! wish i had as pretty a skyline to look at as you do though!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin