Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

 
One French press full of a rich, dark roast, one egg over medium with roasted asparagus, and one sweet Nutella banana crepe: what a fantastic way to kick-start this short week after such a long, relaxing holiday weekend. I predict I'd be far more rarin' to go today if I this three-course breakfast spread at my fingertips.

How was everyone's weekend? I had a fantastic end to the summer. I finally made it to a Cubs game, enjoyed meals with friends outdoors, happily got soaked in the perfect afternoon rain, saw Colin Quinn's Long Story Short, and got to bust out my ballet flats and blazer as the 90-degree Saturday turned into a crisp 65-degree Sunday. Fall. Is. Here.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

13 comments:

  1. Did you know September is Better Breakfast Month? I'm trying to enjoy it each morning with a better breakfast! I'd love to share yours in the flickr group I created! Feel free to check it out, we're using the hashtag #BetterBfastMonth on twitter! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great weekend you had! mm, the egg and asparagus are calling my name! (i love fall so much, but when i go back to italy this weekend it's going to be 90! ah!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the egg looks delicious, as does the crepe. getting a little sad now that i skipped breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a second I thought you actually had this for breakfast and I was insanely jealous! Looks great...wish I had time to indulge like this every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely weekend and delicious food! I want a crepe so bad! It went from 100 to 65 here in Louisville, so crazy! But I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to Paris, I ate banana nutella crepes for every meal--- SO delicious. Looks like a great morning breakfast.

    xoxo.
    alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great weekend indeed! and that nutella crepe is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That egg with asparagus and fresh parmesan cheese! Yes please. These both look delish!! The coffee sounds the best to me right now though---great afternoon "snack" too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky it's been in the high 90s and 100s all week in So Cal. And a banana nutella crepe sounds delishis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin