Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Chicago Home I Could Get Used To

As soon as I saw the living room of this Chicago townhouse designed by Arden Nelson, with the nailhead-trimmed grey sofa from Jayson backed against built-in bookshelves, I knew I was hooked. The understated yet oh-so-pretty decor of this home leaves me weak in the knees. Clean lines (the geometric vignette above the mantel), charming accents (the antique mirror on the dresser), and fresh colors (soft greys and taupes accented by pinks and green plant life) are all details I try to bring into my own home. Even the J.Crew handbag on the floor is one I blogged about back in January. Well done, fellow Chicagoans. Well done.

via Chicago Home and Garden; photography by Nathan Kirkman

19 comments:

  1. I love that bench below the wall of black and white photos. Such a nice contrast! beautiful home all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This town house is decorated beautifully. That gallery wall is exactly what i'm looking to do in my entryway. I love it. Be sure and stop by my blog for my first giveaway. Happy Tuesday lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kitchen-- modern yet warm and I adore how they incorporated those vintagey stools. The photo wall grid above the bench is also fab. Storing that away for an art wall post, eventually.

    http://artsyforager.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll find me on that couch enjoying countless chick flicks. Hello, Heaven! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I could live here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic way to execute a gallery wall ~ the light frames and contrasting b&w prints turn the accent on the photos in a delightfully refreshing way... I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color palette in the living room is delish. and the kitchen is so bright and streamlined yet classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this home! The color palette is so soothing, yet sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm yes...I could DEF get used to that home. So fresh and lovely.

    swirlsofhappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are so pretty! I love the built-in shelves & the frame wall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tufted grey headboard is fantastic... I love the combination of textures on the bed

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this house! It´s so chic, cozy and elegant! When can I move in, please? ;)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm obsessed with that headboard!

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that first picture of the living area is absolutely lovely!! wonderful inspiration..thank you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. just wanted to let you know I featured your office on our blog!

    xo
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOH, all too gorgeous!!!

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love all those grey shades :)
    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin