Thursday, September 22, 2011

White Done Right (take two)

I can't quite get enough of rooms painted white that are jaw-dropping gorgeous. White walls just seem so much like something you have to deal with when you're a renter. They're a hassle, something you want to fix. But these spaces, with their unique design and eye-catching accents, wow the viewer as much as a dramatic room painted in lacquer navy or sunshine yellow. Look how much a hot pink rug or dazzling brass shower nozzle can glam up a white bathroom. Or how dark, rustic woods highlight the whites even more. I have a feeling you'll be seeing more and more "White Done Right" posts as this is quickly becoming one of my favorite looks in interiors.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

11 comments:

  1. I love the use of white in decor. My home has lotsa white, I haven't quite ventured into white walls and floors yet!

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rustic/modern kitchen in that last picture is amazing. Such a cool contrast between the stainless steal and white and then wood

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great shots! I love em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmm... this kitchen makes me want to cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white walls, and this is why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photo with that rug is my favorite!! For years in my twenties I almost loathed the white walls---haha--wish blogging was around then...I sure could have used the help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I love the white on dark wood!

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i get urges to paint all of my walls & floors white every now & again! Looks so calm & peaceful. And that pink rug! love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your site, I just stumbled upon it! I have a white bathroom and white pedastal in my old little home, so I appreciate the post about white. I'm now your fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love white walls with pops of fun colors throughout the room--turquoise, pink, yellow... We just painted our apartment a bone white, which looks like a creamy white on our walls. Absolutely gorgeous. I look forward to posting pics on my own blog soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin